Summer is on the horizon people, so now is the perfect time to think about how you can take better care of your eyesight throughout this beautiful yet bright season! If you work, play sport, or spend a great deal of time in the great outdoors, you should seriously consider investing in a pair of high-quality Safety Sunglasses.
As incredible as the summer season may be, it is worthwhile to consider the impact the bright and beaming sun can have on the health and wellbeing of your eyes. It goes without saying, your eyesight is precious; and you should do all that you can to prevent unwanted injuries and prolong healthy vision. In today’s post we focus on the importance of putting preventative measures in place and discuss the benefits of Safety Eyewear!
Did you know that prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays can lead to cataracts as well as other unwanted diseases and illnesses? Over time, if you allow for these potentially harmful rays to enter your eyesight, you may reap unwanted consequences, which could be damaging and detrimental to the wellbeing of your eyes. By wearing Safety Sunglasses you can protect your eyes from these harmful rays, enjoy your time outdoors and worry less about this risk.
If you play sports in the sunshine, we are sure you can understand just how important focus and concentration really is! Regardless of whether you’re playing competitively or for a bit of fun, you want to have great awareness, right?! Well, as brilliant as the sun may be, it can often be distracting! The sun can soon overwhelm your field of vision which can impact the quality and clarity of your vision. Now, when you’re working on your A game, the last thing you want is for your focus to be stolen away from you… So, we would highly recommend combating this annoying issue with the use of Safety Sunglasses.
If you’re looking to dim the sheer brightness of your surroundings, you should opt for Safety Glasses with smoke tinted lenses, as these can help lower the brightness while heightening your clarity! However, if you find yourself struggling to see due to the intense and overpowering glare of the sun, we recommend that you invest in Polarized Safety Glasses; as these are designed to protect your eyes from the unwanted and often uncomfortable glare of the sun.
Over time, we have found that people can experience this unwanted glare while driving! If the sun is shining down and it bounces off a surface such as wet tarmac on the road it can reflect straight into your eyes, which can be both overwhelming and daunting. When you’re driving your need for focus is paramount; which only reinforces how truly scary this glare can be, especially while driving.
Polarized Safety Glasses can help combat this issue, not only are they slick and smart-looking in their design but are also cleverly created to protect your eyes from unwanted glare. A coating is applied to their lenses, which forms a barrier pattern which then blocks out the uncomfortable and overwhelming glare, so you can stay focussed! If you would like to find out more specific details all about Polarized Safety Glasses, be sure to check out our informative Polarized Safety Glasses blog post!
Polarized Safety Glasses could also benefit those who enjoy playing sports outdoors! If fishing takes your fancy, we would highly suggest packing a pair of Polarized Safety Glasses along with your rod and bait! Although fishing on a beautiful day filled with clear blue skies sounds almost dream-like, it can often lead to moments of distraction, which if of course something you want to avoid while fishing. This is because the sun could beam down onto the water and reflect right into your eyes...sounds annoying right?! Well… Polarized Safety Glasses can offer a helping hand so you can focus on the catch of the day as opposed to worrying about the sun impeding your vision!
So, now that we are well acquainted with the potential hazards present in the summertime, it’s time to discuss specific features we believe you should scout for while shopping for safety sunglasses…
- We would highly recommend that you take the time to consider what lens colour would benefit you the most… Do you wish to dim the brightness around you, or are you regularly facing the intense glare of the sun? Have a think about what it is you wish to combat and this should help you choose the perfect pair of Safety Sunglasses!
- Ensure that your Safety Sunglasses are rated to ANSI Z87+ standards, this means that you can have confidence in their capabilities in protecting your eyes from a number of hazards, such as impact and debris.
- Look for comfort! People often wear Safety Glasses for long periods of time and the last thing you want is discomfort… So, we believe it is vital that you consider the comfort on offer!
- Think about whether or not you require the use of wraparound lenses! We would highly recommend buying wraparound lenses as they offer peripheral coverage, so your eyes can be protected from a number of different angles.
- Shop for versatility! If you find yourself constantly switching between tasks, you should opt for Safety Eyewear that comes with legs, as well as an adjustable head strap, this way you can be ready for a variety of different tasks.
Below, we have uploaded a few photos of our very own range of Safety Glasses, that we believe would be extremely useful and beneficial, especially throughout the summer months!
If you would like to shop ToolFreak Safety Glasses, please click here!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or get in touch with the ToolFreak Team today! We would love to hear from you and we are always happy to help!
Have an awesome day!
The ToolFreak Team