The importance of Safety Eyewear in the Oil & Gas industry!
Safety Glasses are an extremely important piece of safety equipment in a number of different industries, this is because they have the power to protect your eyes from a range of dangerous hazards, so you can stay safe and focus on the task in hand.
In today's blog post, we discuss the use of Safety Eyewear in the Oil and Gas industry and focus on the many benefits Safety Glasses bring to those wearing them. If you work within this sector, be sure to keep on reading to find out more about the power of Protective Eyewear!
What hazards are present within the Oil and Gas industry?
Those working within the Oil and Gas industry will be well aware of the numerous hazards they face on a daily basis, from welding sparks, to extremely hot liquids, to falling debris to heavy equipment, there really is a range of potential injury inflicting hazards ever present.
Other hazards include the intense glare of the sun, which can cause great and unwanted distraction and distortion; as well as the presence of small and sharp particles and pieces of debris, which can cause intense harm if they were to enter and penetrate your precious eyes.
Following on from the above, while working in this specific industry, small particles such as grinder fragments could be consistently flying throughout the atmosphere, which could be extremely hazardous to your eyes. It is extremely important that you are aware of the hazards and have ways in which you can combat them to take greater care of your eyesight.
So, how can you combat all of these dangerous and daunting hazards?
Of course, precautionary and preventative practice, training, clear signage and high quality safety equipment are integral factors to staying safe on the job; and we here at ToolFreak believe that each and every aspect is important in its own right in order to stay safe.
However, today we would like to place the spotlight on Safety Eyewear and explain in detail how the utilisation of Safety Eyewear can offer a helping hand within the Oil and Gas industry. Below, we have listed bullet points that explain the ways in which Safety Glasses can combat the hurtful hazards mentioned above...
How can Safety Glasses help those working within the Oil and Gas industry?
- Welding sparks and extremely hot liquids - Safety Glasses with protective features such as impact-rated, wraparound lenses could prove extremely helpful in situations where sparks and extremely hot liquids are present. This is because Safety Glasses are designed to protect your eyes from impact; as well as an array of hazards. They also allow you to see with great clarity so you can be well aware of all that is going on around you, such as the whereabouts of hot and dangerous liquids.
- Falling debris - When debris is flying throughout the atmosphere, your eyes are vulnerable to injury! This is because debris can cause painful, detrimental and in some cases irreversible damage to your eyesight. When you utilise high quality Safety Glasses with wraparound features, you can protect your eyes from debris, at all angles. You can focus on the task in hand and have an eagle eye for the work before you and place your trust in your Safety Glasses.
- Heavy equipment - Being alert and aware is vital, especially when you're handling heavy equipment! When you wear Safety Glasses you can have improved clarity of all that is around you, so you can work to your best ability and have enhanced awareness.
- The intense glare of the sun - If you have experienced the intense glare of the sun first hand, we are certain you will be able to understand the sheer frustration that follows. When you are trying to concentrate and the intense and overwhelming glare impacts your field of vision, you can be vulnerable to distraction, distortion and well... danger! When you invest in a pair of Polarized Safety Glasses you can breathe a sigh of relief as these cool and courageous-looking Safety Glasses are designed to protect you from a range of hazards, including the intense and unwanted glare of the sun.
- Particles and debris such as grinder fragments - As mentioned before, Safety Glasses are an extremely powerful tool when it comes to protecting your eyes from small particles and debris! When it comes to working in the oil and gas industry, you may be confronted by grinder fragments while working, so we would highly recommend investing in a pair of Safety Glasses that are rated to ANSI Z87+ standards, so that your eyes are protected from these hazardous particles.
Our advice to you when it comes to picking a pair of Safety Glasses!
Here at ToolFreak, we know and understand the importance of Safety Eyewear in the work place. Seriously, we have dedicated our time and our lives to researching, manufacturing and distributing high quality Safety Eyewear that really does go above and beyond in serving its purpose and keeping you safe.
We would highly recommend picking a pair of Safety Glasses that are rated to ANSI Z87+ standards, this means that they will have undergone rigorous and robust testing, ensuring that they can handle and withstand a number of different hazards, situations and scenarios.
We would also advise that you carefully consider what shape and style you suit you and your working environment the most. If you are extremely active in your job, you should opt for a pair of wraparound Safety Glasses; equipped with a strong and secure head strap so you can move freely and safely.
It is also important to acknowledge what colour lens you should opt for! Differing lens colours are designed for different environments. So if you work in dull and lowlight conditions, you should steer towards luminous and enhancing colours, such as yellow lens Safety Glasses, or if you find that you face the intense glare of the sun on a regular basis, why not look into purchasing a pair of Polarized Safety Glasses.
Last but certainly not least, please consult and gain the advice of your safety officer, manager and regulator prior to purchasing Safety Eyewear, to ensure that they are rated to your industry's standards.
If you would like to buy a pair of high quality, ANSI Z87+ rated Safety Glasses today, please click here!
If you have any questions, or would like any advice, please do get in touch with the ToolFreak Team today, we would love to hear from you and help you wherever we can.
Thank you for reading, have a good one!
The ToolFreak Team!