Why should I wear Safety Glasses? Join us, ToolFreak, as we explain the importance of wearing Protective Eyewear!
Safety Glasses, simply put, are a staple piece of Safety Equipment, that have the power to protect your eyes and in turn, your livelihood! It has been stated that approximately 800,000 eye injuries occur on the job each year; and 36,000 of which result in employees taking time off work.
Statistics show that 90% of eye injuries can actually be prevented by the use of proper, protective eyewear. To put things into perspective; that’s 720,000 eye injuries eradicated and avoided just by the use of Safety Glasses, crazy right?
We here at ToolFreak take the health and wellbeing of your eyes extremely seriously; and therefore we have dedicated our time and energy into creating Safety Glasses that offer paramount protection, while boasting insanely cool and fashionable features.
Following on from this, we regularly update our blog, with engaging and informative posts, touching on a number of different topics, with one important and overriding topic being… Safety Glasses! In this particular post we highlight the facts, showcasing the sheer importance of Protective Eyewear.
Safety Glasses offer insane defense against eye injuries, as they protect your eyes from an array of hazardous materials! According to online sources, the majority of eye injuries arising in the workplace are a result of small particles or objects scraping or striking the eye! Examples of which could be: cement chips, metal pieces and wood chips.
According to NIOSH (The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approximately 2,000 U.S workers sustain eye injuries each day in the workplace that then require medical treatment.
Now, don’t be fooled in thinking that eye injuries only occur in workshops and other places of work. Danger can confront you at any time or place, in fact, according to Prevent Blindness America, 40,000 sport-related eye injuries occur each year. Which makes complete sense; when you think of the number of sports that involve objects flying at great speed; such as: Air Soft, Pickleball, Shooting, Tennis; as well as many more other sporting activities.
Eye Injuries can also arise in the household! Examples of which include: Chemical splash while cleaning as well as being inflicted with splinters when completing yard work, this can be metal or wood splinters; as a result of using power tools. Eye injuries arise unexpectedly, so we really do place great emphasis on the importance of being prepared.
We here at ToolFreak believe in being proactive and not reactive and we suggest you do the exact same thing. If you’re about to go to work, complete house chores, or play a certain sport, take the time to think about whether or not there could be potential hazards that could damage your eyes. Be sure to pack a pair of high-quality, impact resistant Safety Glasses, with all of the relevant and required safety certifications with you; and utilise their uses and benefits while focussing on the task in hand. After all, these facts and statistics are real; and we want to reduce these shocking and dangerous percentages and keep the eyes of the public safe! So please, do yourself a HUGE favour and wear proper protective eyewear.
Below, we have compiled a list of certain features you should look out for when selecting a pair of suitable Safety Glasses. This list is not comprehensive of all of the features and requirements; so we do advice that you also speak to your work, management and regulators.
- Make sure that they meet requirements and certifications (for example: ANSIZ87+), needed for your workplace, country; and workforce! Be sure to check this with your own management and regulation board.
- Look for Safety Glasses that are impact resistant, so you can place your trust in your safety glasses, knowing that they will look after your eyes in situations where potential hazards, such as flying debris, could be present and could cause harm.
- Look for safety glasses that promote comfort, if you’re going to be wearing your Safety Glasses for a long period of time; be sure to look for some with foam padding that provides both ventilation and comfort.
- Scout Safety Glasses that come with a headband as well as arms, so you can be versatile and adaptable to many different situations.
- Choose the correct lens colour for you, your job and your lifestyle. Every lens colour has its very own benefits, so make sure you think about what colour would be best for you. If you want to find out more about the different lens colours available to you, check out our ‘Picking the perfect Lens Colour- Selecting suitable Safety Glasses’ blog post, where we detail the benefits and uses of different lens colours!
- Ensure that you select a cool and courageous-looking pair of Safety Glasses (optional of course but if you’re a trendsetter, who takes great pride in their image, don't settle for boring and bulky glasses, buy slim-line Safety Glasses today)!
Check out the photos below, showcasing our very own ToolFreak Safety Glasses range! As you will be able to see from the pictures, Safety Glasses are vital pieces of Safety Equipment in a number of different tasks, job roles and environments!
If you would like to shop our range of Safety Glasses, click here!
We hope you have enjoyed this blog post, please feel free to leave a comment below with any feedback! We really do appreciate and value your opinion. If you would like to check out more ToolFreak Blog Posts, head over to our blog, where you will find a vast range of informative and interesting blogs!
We discuss an array of topics on here, from ‘Trucking Tales’, to ‘The benefits of Bifocal Safety Glasses’, to ‘A day in the life of a Digger Driver’, there really is something for everyone.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, simply leave a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Thanks for reading and look out for new content coming to this page VERY SOON!
The ToolFreak Team!